Orange provide a free email account with up to 500MB for free space, for Broadband customers, or 250MB of free space for the general public (non Broadband customers). It’s relatively simple to get an Orange email account once you are a resident of the UK. Overseas users are blocked from getting an account due to their location/IP address.
What is an Orange Email Account?
The free email account from Orange is just like other webmail accounts by the big well known providers such as Hotmail and Gmail (Google Mail). Your emails are held on the Orange servers and accessed though an easy to use website. That means your emails are accessible from practically anywhere: home, work, a friends house, school, university, an Internet cafe, even on holidays. Basically anywhere in the world once you have access to a non-restricted Internet connection. You can of course set up your mobile phone to download your Orange email while on the move or configure an email client such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird etc so you can download your emails to a Personal Computer or Laptop. Most tablet type devices such as the Apple iPad or various models which run the Google Android operating system also have email client apps where you can configure to download email.
How do I get an Orange Email Account?
If you are an Orange Broadband customer, you should already have an Orange email account so just go to the link at the bottom of this page to log in. If you are not a Broadband customer, you will need to sign up for a new Orange email account. Again the link will be at the bottom of this page.
Your Orange email account will come with the following features:
- 500MB of space for Broadband customers or 250MB for free accounts. To put that into context: Assume an average email with no images or photos and a few paragraphs of text would be around 20KB. You can fit approximately 25,000 20KB emails in an Orange 500MB email account or 12,500 (approx) in the 250MB free account. That said Gmail will give you 7,692MB (around 7.7GB) of free email space which roughly equates to 384,000 20KB emails.
- Anti-virus and anti-spam checking on emails as they arrive.
- Keep your email organised by setting up filters which means you can automatically have email arrive into a particular folder. Or you can create folders manually and move your email.
- Lists. Functionality where you can add an email address to a block list to prevent unwanted email from that sender.
- Keep your contacts organised with an online address book.
- Auto-responder which can be configured to automatically reply to an email. So if you are using your Orange email for work, you could set up an auto-reply for incoming email when you are on holidays to let customers know you are not available.
- An easy to use search feature so it’s easy to find those old emails buried deep down in your account (just make sure you don’t delete them!).
- Spell checker
So as you can see, the Orange email account provided is quite comprehensive with lots of valuable features. The amount of free space give is not massive compared to the likes of Gmail but should be sufficient for the average user. There are some common issues related to logging in to your email but they can be solved by looking at our issues page.
Broadband customers can access their Orange email account at the following address: http://web.orange.co.uk/p/communicate/home.
New users will have to register for a new Orange email account here: http://web.orange.co.uk/p/email/sign_up_for_an_email_account.
We hope this short article on the free Orange email account was useful. Please tell us what you think of this article by leaving a comment below.
No related posts.
Category: General Orange Articles